The student news site of Boyertown Area Senior High-Sponsored by Frederick Living

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

Esports Club is in need of more players!

Esports+logo
Mr.Pennington
Esports logo

Question: What is the favorite gaming console of the French? Wii! Just kidding, no relation to French, but still a very popular console across the world!

Welcome to Esports, a place where people can play games, compete, and meet new people who share similar interests. But they need new players, and it’s not too late to sign up, anyone can still join today if they click here. Boyertown recently won their first game in Rocket League D1, which is huge news and a great kickoff to the season! Boyertown Esports Club members Jordan Northrop, Isaiah Melendez, and Chase Pfautz battled out their first game and got the first win of the season for Boyertown’s esports.

Just like those players, other students have the chance to shine on the screen! When asked what he thought about Esports, Jordan Northrop said, “Esports really promotes teamwork. It helped me to meet new people and really be part of a team. It’s the favorite part of my day and I’m always looking forward to it.” Alexis Rich also stated, “It’s very fun.” She said she got to meet new people and that it was a good opportunity to make new friends and be a part of a team. 

Esports is an exciting place where students can have fun and compete against other schools. It’s an amazing time to have new opportunities and make new friends. If students want to do something to show school spirit and put themselves out there, this could their chance! Esports has APEX Legends, Overwatch II, Fortnite, League of Legends, DOTA, Rocket League, Valorant, Call of Duty, and Counter-Strike.

Participating in Esports can also go past high school; there are opportunities for scholarships, colleges and more, so consider joining Esports today!