The student news site of Boyertown Area Senior High-Sponsored by Frederick Living

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

BASH says farewell to principal Dr. Foley

Hailey Gress
Dr. Foley happily working in his office

Dr. Foley has been working as a principal at BASH since around 2013 and has recently announced that he will be retiring.

He has been an amazing principal while he served his time at the high school. He will be greatly missed, so the staff gave him a goodbye lunch to show BASH’s gratitude. Dr. Foley didn’t know about the lunch, so it was a total surprise. The staff even invited Mrs. Foley, Dr. Foley’s wife. It went amazing, and everyone enjoyed seeing Dr. Foley. The entire lunch was fish-themed since he loves to fish. The entire staff was there, and many teachers enjoyed their time. Everyone had a smile, which resembled Dr. Foley’s attitude whenever he showed up to work.

He says that his attitude is because, “You can choose whether you have a good day, or a bad one, and I choose to have a good day.” Dr. Foley truly loves his job with every fiber of his being. He has a great attitude and is proactive in helping others, even though his day is always packed. Even with a jam-packed day, he still made it a priority that he would try to make it outside every morning to greet his students and say good morning. He wanted to make others have that good day that he was choosing to have as well.

Dr. Foley’s first year at BASH (Photo From BASH Yearbook of 2013)

Dr. Foley will be transitioning to a higher education at Albright. Although he will be leaving, he says that he got an opportunity that he couldn’t miss; however, he said, “There will always be a void.” This means that he will always have a place in his heart for this school and all of its positivity and kindness.

When asked how he fell in love with education, Dr. Foley responded with, “Well, I used to have a degree in organic chemistry, and I owned a restaurant. So after the kids there were done working for me, I would eat lunch with them and help them with their homework; that’s when I knew I loved to teach, and I loved to help others teach, too.”

Words cannot express how how immensely Dr. Foley loves BASH, and that will never change. BASH wishes Dr. Foley a bittersweet goodbye, and a happy retirement.