The student news site of Boyertown Area Senior High-Sponsored by Frederick Living

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

Ezabella: Championing Words, Inspiring Change

Ezabella Picionne
Ezabella’s favorite writing piece is “No Longer Human” by Osamu Dazai, a semi-biographical work by one of Japan’s most important writers.

Ezabella Piccione is a Senior at BASH and has been a fan of writing for a long time. Ezabella volunteers to tutor low income students, and is involved with Young Ambassadors of Pennsylvania, an organization to “Build community stewardship by inspiring, engaging, and empowering young Pennsylvanians to keep their communities clean and beautiful.” Ezabella also entered a writing competition and in February of this year she received a 300 dollar prize for her placement.

Though Ezabella claims she only started writing recently, when asked what sparked her interest in writing, Ezabella said, “Ever since I was a kid, I’ve been drawn into the captivating worlds of stories, finding comfort and inspiration between the pages. With each tale I devoured, a fire lit inside me, urging me to spin my own yarns that touch hearts and spark contemplation. Writing has become my way of expressing myself authentically, a path I walk with each word I write, constantly evolving and embracing the journey ahead.”

While she hasn’t been in any writing clubs, Ezabella says she consistently takes college level and honor English courses. “Expand your vocabulary.” Ezabella advises to those who want to get into writing, “There are many words that can help you change the style or visuals associated with the peace you’re crafting.”

While Ezabella said she was not planning on building a career from her writing, she says she is going to continue writing as it’s a source of joy and self expression. “As I continue on this journey, I look forward to the simple pleasure of putting pen to paper, letting my imagination roam freely without the constraints of expectation or ambition.”

Ezabella says her writing is motivated by the nature “Unlike people, whose complexities can be overwhelming, the simplicity and authenticity of the natural world speak to me in a language that resonates deeply within my soul.” Ezabella’s favorite genre to write is poetry, “Poetry has become my chosen avenue for self-expression, as its lyrical cadence and vivid imagery allow me to distill complex emotions into succinct and powerful verses.”

Ezabella leaves people with this piece of advise, “It doesn’t hurt to try! Writing is a great way to release many emotions or even just express yourself.”