The student news site of Boyertown Area Senior High-Sponsored by Frederick Living

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

Eagles against the Giants week 18 game recap

bleedinggreennation.com
Eagles vs. Giants Week 18

The Philadelphia Eagles ended the regular season with a rough loss against the New York Giants, suffering a seventeen point defeat.

After giving up 24 points in the first half to the Giants, Head Coach Nick Sirianni took out his starters before the end of the second quarter. While the Eagles lost the game, they also lost safety Reed Blankenship, wide receiver A.J. Brown, safety Sydney Brown, and guard Cam Jurgens to game-ending injuries.

With the loss, the Eagles are locked into the number five spot in the NFC and will next travel to play the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the NFC wild card round.

In the first quarter the Giants got on the board first with a 24-yard field goal by Mason Crosby on the second drive of the game. A.J. Brown fumbled and ended up giving the ball back to the Giants with 3:37 left in the quarter. After getting hurt on the play, Brown walked to the locker room but didn’t return. Brown was diagnosed with having a knee injury.

On fourth-and-3 from the Philadelphia 48-yard line, Jalen Hurts’ pass fell incomplete as the Eagles turned the ball over on downs. A false start penalty on Dallas Goedert pushed the offense back on third-and-10.

Shaquon Barkley found the end zone for a 2-yard touchdown run with 9:38 left. Hurts’ pass on third down was intercepted by Xavier McKinney at the New York 36-yard line. The call was originally an incomplete pass but it was overturned after review.

After an incomplete pass on third-and-8, the Eagles were forced to punt just outside of field goal range. The Eagles finally got on the board with a 36-yard field goal by Jake Elliot, his 30th made field goal this season. The veteran tied his career high for most made field goals in a season with 1:11 left in the quarter.

In the fourth quarter the Eagles finally scored a touchdown from Quez Watkins for a 16-yard touchdown after a pass from Marcus Mariota. This was Watkins first touchdown reception of the season and Mariota’s first touchdown pass as an Eagle. Later Mason Crosby missed his 45-yard field goal attempt, knocking it off the left upright, at the two-minute warning.