The student news site of Boyertown Area Senior High-Sponsored by Frederick Living

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

Senior Spotlight: Gage Gehris

Gage posing for a photo in his history classroom.
Autumn Levengood

As the school year comes to an end, the Cub is sad to say goodbye to Gage Gehris, a correspondent for the Cub. Throughout his 4 years attending BASH, he’s been writing for the Cub, an intern for Mrs. Clager, ice hockey player, and a part time employee at Gilbertsville Redners.

Gage has been a correspondent for the Cub for one year. Throughout his time, he’s covered mostly pop culture, history, and student affairs. Gage is really happy to have been a part of the CUB, and he has huge plans for the future.

Gage has long been known for his love of history. This stems back from middle school, when his 6th grade English teacher, Mr. McAulliffe, sparked his passion. “My 6th grade English teacher, Mr. McAullife, was very interesting; we read a lot of World War II literature, and it was his grandfather, who was the commanding officer of the United States Garrison in Bastogne during the Battle of the Bulge, who defeated the Germans and stopped their advance on the western front in 1944,” he said.

Gage will attend Hofstra University in New York after graduating from high school. He’s going to major in history. Along with that, he was recruited to play ice hockey.

With his love for history, he’s had chosen to peruse an internship with BASH history teacher, Ms. Clager. He’s helped with the preschool program. I am good, but not NHL good,” Gage declared, believing Europe is the best place to pursue that career route.

Looking forward, Gage hopes to become a history teacher.

While we’re sad to see Gage leave, we’re excited to see all his accomplishments in his future endeavors.