The student news site of Boyertown Area Senior High-Sponsored by Frederick Living

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

Boyertown summer camp opportunities for 2024

BASD Facebook
Boyertown Summer camp opportunities for June and July of 2024

Boyertown Area School District is hosting multiple different summer camps options for grades 9-12. The camps include drawing and art portfolio, running of the cubs – advanced, explore Boyertown art, printmaking art exploration and financial literacy boot camp.

The official flyer for summer camps can be found on the districts website.

Drawing and art portfolio:

This camp is ran by Mr. Dareneau at BASH from 8:30-11:30am. The camp will run from June 10th-13th, with a fee of $100 dollars per child participating.

This camp is designed for any student who wants to practice drawing techniques and build their portfolio. Students will work with an art instructor on mastering their technique, as well as receive guidance on AP Art preparation and/or college portfolios.

This is a great opportunity for students who are signed up for AP Art for next school year.

Explore Boyertown art:

Like drawing and art portfolio, it will be ran at BASH by Mr. Dareneau. The dates for this camp are June 24-27th from 8:30am-11:00am, with a fee of $110 dollars per participant. This camp is a walking tour of the art experiences offered right in Boyertown.

Campers will be led on a guided tour of some of the hidden treasures within walking distance of BASH. Each stop will be accomplished by a hands on, site specific, drawing lesson. Sketchbooks, pencils, and drawing kits will be provided.

Printmaking art exploration:

Ran by Mrs. Vogels at BASH from June 22-25th from 8:30-11:30 am, the cost per participant is $125.

This camp is an introduction to the basics of printmaking. Printmaking involved transferring an image onto another surface. Students will practice with monotypes, gelli printing, linoleum block prints and collagraphs. It is asked you bring a drink and snack to this camp. All art materials will be provided.

Running of the cubs – advanced:

This camp is ran by Mrs. Bergeyova at BASH on June 17-20th from 8:30-11:30am, the cost per participant is $90 dollars.

This is a camp for students who have prior experience with running. The focus will be on increasing cardiovascular endurance and speed by incorporating a variety of runs into workouts. The students will learn how to set a running goal and design a short-term running program.

Financial literacy boot camp:

Ran by Mr. Howard at Middle School East, June 17-20th from 8:30-11:30am, with a fee of $90 per participant.

Day one of the camp includes financial literacy, budgeting, credit cards, credit scores, and scams.

Day two includes insurance, economic models used by businesses, debt, and investing.

Day three includes real estate, renting, stocks, mutual funds, roth/traditional IRA’s.

Day four includes scenarios, to bring the knowledge learned, together, and guest speakers.

Final Information

For these camps to run a minimum number of students must enroll by Friday, May 10th.  You will then receive a conformation email. This email will also provide a link for you to submit your online payment via EZ School Pay. All payments are due by Tuesday, May 28th, 2024. If payment is not received by the deadline your enrollment will be canceled.

All registrations are due by Friday, April 26th, 2024. To register for this camp, complete the online registration form.