The student news site of Boyertown Area Senior High-Sponsored by Frederick Living

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

Fun things to do near Boyertown for Valentine’s Day 2024!

Getty Images
Valentine’s Day 2024 is 13 days away! Many local events have impending registration deadlines, don’t procrastinate!

It’s hard to believe that Valentine’s Day is less than two weeks away! Whether you’re looking for something to do with your significant other, yourself, or your family, there’s no lack of things to do in celebration of love, friendship, and admiration.

The Valentine’s Day concert, in Philadelphia, seems like a great time to spend with your significant other. Tickets are 29 dollars per person. The show will start promptly at 7:30pm. Additionally, you can purchase a dinner ticket, for an additional 55 dollars, that starts at 6:00pm. The performance starts “with a whirling danzón from Mexico and two daring, dangerous tangos from Argentina”, according to philcorch.org. The concert will be hosted at Kimmel Cultural Campus, on Broad street Philadelphia. For more information about this event, feel free to check their website.

Is Valentine’s Day something you despise? If the thought of Valentine’s Day is enough to make you cringe? Then the Anti-Valentine’s Day party is for you! The party is hosted for youth, grades 6-12, and, according to their website, will be a “celebration of friendship with crafts and games and burying heartaches by eating chocolate, listening to breakup songs and, of course, eating pizza and chocolate!” The event will be on February 11th, 5:00pm, at William Jeans Memorial Library. Registration is required and can be found here.

Another fun thing to do for Valentine’s Day is brunch at the Elmwood Park Zoo. Brunch is on February 11-12, with three time spots on each day, 10:00am, 11:15am, and 12:30pm. Tickets and registration are required, however, it gets you more than just a meal! Tickets include “brunch, admission to the zoo, an animal greet, and a themed-scavenger hunt”, according to the Morning Call. Tickets can be purchased here. A table for two costs $99.95. While this may seem expensive, it’s a unique experience that’s definitely worth the price. 

If you’re still looking for fun things to do, you can find a list of other activities here. Remember that the FLBA rose sale will be taking place the week before Valentine’s Day, February 5th to February 12th. Roses can be bought in the cafeteria during lunch periods and open campus periods.