The student news site of Boyertown Area Senior High-Sponsored by Frederick Living

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

Financial Aid Meeting for Seniors

Senior Financial Aid Nighted will be hosted via zoom on September 27th, at 6:00pm
Ethan Millard
Ben Rosenberger has been hosting Financial Aid Night in association with Boyertown for over two decades.

Many students at BASH have begun looking into higher education, however, being able to pay for any form of higher education is something many aren’t capable of. To help Seniors who want to get higher education, BASH will be hosting a financial aid night on Friday, September 27th. Ben Rosenberger will be presenting the meeting.

Financial Aid Night will be hosted on Zoom in an effort to reach more families. The Zoom meeting will begin at 6:00pm and will last around 90 minutes. Seniors can find the Zoom link in an email sent to them and on the BASH home page.

Students aren’t required to fill anything out ahead of time. This meeting is primarily to introduce seniors who are applying to college/trade schools to financial aid opportunities. The evening will be run by Ben Rosenberger, the director of financial aid and registrar at Reading Area Community College (RACC).

Ben Rosenberger has been working in financial aid for at least 20 years. While he does work for RACC, he has been helpful in the past to Boyertown families. “Ben is really amazing in working with Boyertown families as he’ll offer his services even if you’re not going to RACC,” says Mrs. Greener a counselor who is helping host the event, “His goal is to get everybody who wants to go to college get there and he doesn’t want money to be an issue.” 

The meeting will consist of a presentation supplied by Ben Rosenberger. The presentation will go over multiple subjects including different types of financial aid, how to fill out a FAFSA (The Free Application for Federal Student Aid form), and more.

The presentation will be posted on the BASH homepage for any student who misses the meeting. Students and parents who want to ask questions can get in contact with Ben Rosenberger; he will be supplying his contact information at the event.

No matter where you choose to go secondary education can be expensive, however, Senior Financial Aid Night seeks to not only introduce students to financial aid but also show them that they can still continue in their educational endeavors regardless of financial status.