The student news site of Boyertown Area Senior High-Sponsored by Frederick Living

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

Boyertown Girls Basketball ends season with Senior Recognition Night

John Loos
Senior recognition night poster made for the girls basketball team!

Boyertown’s girls junior varsity basketball and varsity basketball just ended their season with the yearly senior recognition night at their last official game. Boyertown played against the Methacton Warriors , and while we may not have won, support from BASH didn’t go unrecognized.

The event started out with the junior varsity game. The game started out well, but after the second period, Methacton already had a large lead, ending the first half of the game with a lead 8-23. Even with this loss, Boyertown still give it their all through the rest of the game.

Junior Varsity girls basketball at the beginning of the game, just after the jump ball. (John Loos)

The final score for the junior varsity game was 15-46, with Methacton taking the win. However, the game did have an exciting end with Boyertown scoring a 3 point shot with only 12 seconds left on the clock, earning a well deserved cheer from the crowd.

After the junior varsity game ended, it was time for the Intermission. This intermission was special because it was senior recognition night. The seniors on the team each got an opportunity to walk down a red carpet with their parents, and have a professional picture taken by a photographer. This happened while the announcer gave facts about each player with the audience cheering them on. The whole gym was decorated with ribbons, balloons, and posters to show support for the seniors.

To see a roster of the players on the varsity team, along with the seniors, click here.

After the seniors were recognized, the varsity game began. After the first half of the game, Boyertown had

Boyertown’s varsity also lost to the Warriors, 79-43, but still did an amazing job in maintaining organization, motivation, and communication with one another. At the end of the second period, halfway through the game, Boyertown was losing to Methacton 51-21 after Methacton scored a two point shot at the end of the period. With that being said, it was still a really entertaining game to watch.

Looking forward, sports due to start up this spring include  baseball, lacrosse, softball, tennis, and track.  Tickets for these future events can be purchased on Ticket Spicket.

Congratulations to the seniors and all the players for a great season!