The student news site of Boyertown Area Senior High-Sponsored by Frederick Living

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

Boy’s Varsity basketball wins against Kennett 66-52

On December 1st, BASH’s junior varsity and varsity played their first games of the year against Kennett High School, starting off the winter sports season.
John Loos
Boyertown’s varsity basketball team at the begging of first period.

December 1st was an exciting day for students at BASH. Our boys junior varsity (JV) and varsity teams played their first games against the JV and varsity teams of Kennett High School. Junior varsity lost their game 32-41 and varsity won theirs 66-52.

Despite the loss our junior varsity, students played well and fought as hard as they could. Braiden Luft, of the varsity team, did especially amazing scoring a total of 15 points for Boyertown, 12 of which were three point shots. A roster for the students on junior varsity as well as a schedule for their future games can be found here.

After junior varsity’s game was the varsity game. The excitement in the gym was palpable as the varsity roster was introduced. What followed was an exciting back and forth where Boyertown students cheered and stomped in motivation and excitement for our players. Close to the fourth period varsity was down by 4 points, but with only a minute and a half remaining, they both tied the game and stopped a good shot by Kennett. After tying the game 52-52 Boyertown would go on to destroy the opposing team, scoring 14 points in overtime alone. Every player did a spectacular job, but I won’t neglect to mention Robert Kern’s impressive 221 points scored before overtime, 26 points throughout.

This victory shows a promising year for Boy’s varsity basketball team, as of now with the team being 3-0 in games. It wouldn’t be surprising to see Boyertown reach great heights. Those interested in the boys varsity team roster and schedules can find them here. Braedyn Johnson, a senior at BASH and a boys varsity basketball player, leaves leaves us with this, “Teams that saw us and and didn’t expect us to win, well they’re 0-3 0-2 and we’re currently undefeated. Energy has been good, good supporting cast, good coach, feels really good to be winning.”