The student news site of Boyertown Area Senior High-Sponsored by Frederick Living

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

BASH Drama club presents 8 Minutes Left: Shows starting this Friday

8 Minutes left by E.B Lee presented by BASHs drama club
Let’s Talk Tuesdays
8 Minutes left by E.B Lee presented by BASH’s drama club

BASH’s drama club is hosting their spring play, 8 Minutes left by E.B. Lee, starting this Friday, April 26th. Shows will go on through this weekend, Friday at 7pm, Saturday at 7pm, and Sunday at 2pm. Make sure you arrive a little early so you can secure a good seat! Doors will be open 30 minutes prior to the start of each performance.

Tickets will be on sale at the door for $10 dollars each. Bring cash, they won’t accept card. Enter through door 31 on the east side of the freshmen building. There you’ll be able to purchase your ticket before finding your seat in the FAUD.

8 Minutes Left by E.B. Lee follows “the residents of Charlesville, NJ as they navigate their final moments on this Earth – from a couple with a bunker in their backyard who can’t quite figure out how to get in, to two elderly frenemies who fight over their favorite park bench, to a mother observing her children on a playground as she wonders what their lives would have become, this thoughtful and keenly observed play manages to find the intimate humor of humans in crisis.” More about this play can be read on youstagepartners.com.

The drama club’s last play, performed back in fall. (John Loos)

This play succeeds the drama club’s last play, Little Women, which they performed back in the fall. It was “very emotionally fueled” writes Ethan Millard for the Cub, saying “The actors ability to portray this emotion can make or break a performance. This being said, the actors knocked it out of the park, from Beth March’s (played by Sophia Berger) weakness due to sickness being portrayed even in a subtle change of speaking voice, to Aunt March’s (Allison Shapin) stuck-up and dismissive attitude.” This play went great, with the audience giving the cast a well deserved standing ovation at the end.

So if you’ve got some free time this weekend, or are looking for something fun to watch while supporting your peers, the play, 8 Minutes Left, won’t disappoint.