The student news site of Boyertown Area Senior High-Sponsored by Frederick Living

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

Homecoming success at BASH

A+picture+of+Alina%2C+Kayla%2C+Emily%2C+Quinn+and+Sabrina+after+the+announcement+of+Queen.+
Alexa Walter
A picture of Alina, Kayla, Emily, Quinn and Sabrina after the announcement of Queen.

Homecoming was held on October 7th, 2023, in the BASH gym from 7:30-10:30 pm. During the weeks of September 18th to September 29th, tickets were being sold outside of the cafeteria. 

Homecoming was an unforgettable event that brought the entire community together in a spirit of unity and pride. From students to alumni, everyone joined in the festivities, creating a vibrant and energetic atmosphere.

The highlight of the event was, of course, the football game. The Boyertown Bears gave an outstanding performance on the field, showcasing their talent and determination. The crowd was on the edge of their seats, cheering and supporting their team throughout the exhilarating match.

During halftime, the field was transformed into a stage for an incredible showcase of the homecoming Court. Featuring Sabrina Falzone, Alina Friz, Quinn Gilmore, Kayla Jomarron and Emily Walter; the most anticipated moment was the announcement and Crowning of the Queen Emily Walter. 

After the game, the celebration continued with a lively dance, the next day. The gymnasium was transformed into a dazzling dance floor, with fairy lights and energetic music. Students, dressed in their finest attire, danced the night away, creating memories that will last a lifetime.

Midway through the homecoming, the king was beginning to be announced. Mr. Pennington had asked the whole Homecoming court to come to the front as he announced the king’s nominations. Who were John Homa, Micah Kern, Evan Litchfus, Jason Oakes, and Cole Yesavage.

Mr. Penington stated, “The winner for Homecoming King 2023 is… John Homa!” 

Everyone erupted with cheers and clapping. While the homecoming queen Emily Walter put the homecoming king crown and sash on John Homa.

As the night came to a close, the air was filled with a sense of joy and fulfillment. Homecoming at Boyertown in 2023 was a resounding success, leaving everyone with cherished memories and a renewed sense of school spirit.