The student news site of Boyertown Area Senior High-Sponsored by Frederick Living

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

Reading Aviation Fair: Essential Information

The Reading Aviation Festival and Career Fair will be held at the Reading Regional Airport on October 21st from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
readingairport.org
The poster, released on the Reading airport’s website, for the aviation fair.

Aviation is one of the most important fields in every part of the world. Whether it’s a nations Air Force pilots or just the captain of a commercial plane, aviation exists in every walk of life. To guide those who may plan on working in an aviation based field in the future, Reading Regional Airport is having its second annual career fair on Saturday, October 21st.

Before going to the event, students can register using a form which can be found on the Reading Airport website or the Aviation Career Fair website. Entry for the event is free although registering online enters you in a raffle for an airplane ride, VIP tours, and more.

Throughout the event there will be multiple displays of both Military and civilian aircrafts. Military flyovers will happen throughout the day. Food and beverages can be purchased during the events entirety. Helicopter rides may be purchased throughout the day as well, more information on that is supplied at the event.

The career fair portion of the day will include information and recruiting opportunities regarding different professions like piloting, flight attendant positions, or even air traffic controllers. This begins at 9 A.M. like everything else, but will end at 2 P.M.

The event will be hosting seminars, ending 3:30 P.M., and consist of many speakers. The group of speakers includes, but is not limited to: Justin W. Madden, the Managing Director of Engineering & Maintenance for Airlines for America; Zackary J. Tempesco, an Airport Director for Reading Regional Airport Authority; and Michelle Siejak, a recruitment specialist and graduate from Eastern Mennonite University at Lancaster. These speakers are leaders in the industry, if you want to find out more you can visit the Aviation Career Fair website.

While the event is open to the general public, the Reading Airport hopes to have students attend to learn more about future career opportunities in the world of aviation. Information for contacting the Reading Airport about any questions you may have can be found here.