The student news site of Boyertown Area Senior High-Sponsored by Frederick Living

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

BASH holds annual Arts Expo: Goodbye Seniors

John Loos
The hallway was filled with showcases by seniors, featuring many of their different works.

BASH just held its annual Art Expo on Thursday, May 16, 2024. The art hallways, along with the area outside the Cub gym and NAUD entranceway, were all decorated with the amazing artwork BASH students have made this year. The hallways were packed with what felt like the whole community coming together to support our local artists.

There were many different types of art; including drawings, paintings, ceramics, computer graphics, music, weavings, demos, BASH’s Accent Magazine, alumni animators, sales, senior spotlights, and more! BASH’s seniors had a showcase where they could display their art from their time here. Some of them were even selling their artwork; necklaces, earrings, and an array of trinkets could all be purchased.

One of the most memorable senior spotlights was Genevieve Rivenburg, a BASH senior who plays Ukulele. For her showcase she played music for people walking by. “I started playing ukulele during the pandemic.” She’s been playing for over 4 years, saying, “My parents were trying to find something I could do on the weekends and find a good hobby. I tried ukulele and I really enjoyed it.” She also performed for the 2023 Arts Expo and for Live Day 2023. She’s also trying out other instruments, “This Christmas my parents got me a guitar so now I’m learning to play that. I love music and singing”

BASH’s senior spotlights, shown here, highlight years of art and dedication.

BASH’s Accent had a table where their members were handing out copies of their yearly magazine.  The magazine includes many types of creative writing and art, including short stories, poetry, drama, drawings, and digital art. Their yearly submissions, along with pieces written by their members, all compiled to make an unforgettable work of art. The president of the Accent, Logan Eckert,  described it perfectly, “You are a part of the magazine’s story. Who you share it with, the pieces that make you laugh or cry, the hours you put into reading it, all culminate into a beautiful epic of your magazines life.”

If you’re interested in joining the Accent, signs ups are at the beginning of next school year.

The night also featured senior awards night, which was held at 5:30pm in the football stadium. BASH’s hardworking and outstanding seniors were bestowed many different awards, all different types from many different departments, along with scholarships.

Congratulations to the art department for doing a great job putting this together. We wish all the seniors a farewell, their talent will be missed!