The student news site of Boyertown Area Senior High-Sponsored by Frederick Living

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

BASH Cub

105 Hostages released during the Israel-Hamas Truce

Ahmad Gharabli
Protestors outside of the ICRC office in Tel Aviv.

The Palestine Terror Group, Hamas, has taken hostages ranging from 10 months to 85 years of age. Some of the hostages were released in November. Israel and Hamas have been at war since October 7th, 2023. These hostages released have been in captivity for a minimum of 45 days.

Israeli people are protesting for the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) to do something about the rest of the hostages that are still in captivity. Holding up signs that have a variety of different messages for example, “ICRC-DO YOUR JOB” as well as “ICRC-ACT NOW,”

Although, throughout the last weeks of November, 105 hostages were released, Israelis are still protesting because they want more people out.

As Hanukkahbegins, people in Israel put out 138 menorah candles lit for the remaining hostages. In downtown Tel Aviv, Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu lit the first menorah candle at the Western Wall in Jerusalem.

During a private meeting, some of the freed hostages expressed outrage about how the prime minister “had a lack of effort.” They are not impressed with how the government has been doing things and want more to be done.

Currently, Hamas has been threatening to exterminate the remaining hostages. None of the hostages has been set free since November 30, 2023. This has been cause for outrage in a multitude of places. Protests have been held for the government to free the hostages and to convince the government to do something.

Many of the hostages that have been released are coming out as sleepless and full of fear. Protests are happening 24/7, holding up pictures of people asking for help to find loved ones who are supposedly held hostage in Gaza.

Some of the people who have been released have been released with their kids or with the people they were taken with. Many Israelis still hold out hope for the remaining hostages.