BASH Cub

Filed under News Brief

Walk For A Cause

The BASH SADD club, or Students Against Destructive Decisions, is sponsoring two community walks to raise awareness and donations for addiction and suicide.

The first walk is the Addiction Awareness and Recovery Walk, officially run by BrendaN’s BanD. BrendaN’s BanD is “dedicated to spreading the word of addiction and recovery and providing information for those affected by addiction,” according to their website.

Held on October 6, the Recovery Walk is free and being held in Boyertown at St. John’s Lutheran Church. A donation of toiletries such as shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc. is requested. Vendor tables open at 12pm, speakers are at 1:30pm, and the walk itself begins at 2:30pm. It’s being held rain or shine.

The Out of the Darkness Suicide Prevention Walk is being held on October 7 by the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention. Registration is free and available online until October 5, but registration is also available in-person the morning of the walk. Located at the Lehigh Parkway in Allentown, check-in or registration begins at 10am and the walk is from 12pm to 3pm.

Any donations from the Suicide Prevention Walk go towards research, educational programs, public policies, and supporting survivors of suicide loss.

Jocelyn Lear, Web Editor

Jocelyn is a junior who loves to read and watch TV. Her favorite book is The Catcher in the Rye and her favorite show is Doctor Who. She is also in SADD,...